Monday, March 8, 2010

Snuggle Bunny

I really haven't shown any interest to American music but just recently I saw a commercial for ringtones and in it I heard a tune that really caught my attention. And as usual when a tune feels catchy I go on youtube and search it up. So I went into youtube typed in Snuggle Bunny Song and clicked on the first hit I got. As usual I was listening until a word came up and made me think: Wait what?!

I quickly reversed the song and focused on the lyrics and was shocked to find the cute little bunny saying "vagina." I was utterly shocked. I decided to check the comments and was surprised to find that the song actually contained the word "vagina." My research bug emerged and I went on Google to search the lyrics and the lyrics did not contain the word "vagina." Yet again I was shocked.

So I went back to Youtube and searched the song again. This time I clicked a different link and the song did not contain the word "vagina" but rather the actual lyrics. That's when I began thinking. The song itself was so cute so what was the need to alter it and put in "vagina." Just because the song is about love does it mean you need to add the element of sex into it? Does love mean involve sex all together? Why would you destroy a song just to add sex elements into it?

The first link is the link to the actual song and the second link is the link to the other version. Think for yourself was the word "vagina" really nessecary.



4 comments:

  1. In my opinion, sex is a form of self expression for someone you love. But integrating sex with music is something common now and people don't take it so seriously. Sometimes when people are recording their songs, some words might sound like others, and not necessarily on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this rabbit before the video I though how cuite. As I saw rabbit singing it is so cuite right now I wish I can hug the bunny.But now to think at of it the first one says na na but the way he way he moved his carrot was suspious. That's a just a method selling the song sadly. There was this phrase I remeber called "sex sells". Other then that I think sex and love two very different things. Love is a feeling that you have for someonwe that you wanna be with them which has an emotional attraction and well sex which on the other side way across from love is only a feeling of pyschcial attraction which when the sex is gone the relationship is over and there nothing left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's sad now how many songs are all related to sex now. Is that really needed? Can a song still be enjoyable without having something to do with sex? I completely agree with what Joseph said. Love and sex are two different things. Love is when you actually care for a person and sex could be just pleasure. A song like this would catch the eye of children. Little children do no need to know anything about sex at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so schocked. I can't believe that there are people in this world that just can't leave innocent things, innocent. They had to alter a perfectly adorable song about love, and give it such a negative, sexual interpretation. It is not just this song, I saw a video a long time ago where some artists make childern's cartoons and picture books with sexual references. They would draw an image of something very sexual, then add it a nose, ears, and eyes. In reality, children see the sexual image first, but they don't even realize what they have viewed. This way, children are more sexually active at a very young age. Truly, this is so sadistic and evil. I'm truly disgusted by people who would want to deceive people into becoming a certain way. I hope that one day, they will be called out on what they have done and will be punished as they deserve.

    ReplyDelete