Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Need for Technology

Recently, actually just yesterday, all of a sudden my computer was infected with a virus known as Vista Defender. It acts as a anti-virus system when in reality it gives your computer viruses and infects your computer. I was not able to use MSN or the Internet. In fact I did not know how to get rid of it. I then used my brother's computer to figure out a way to remove it and with success my computer has finally been fixed today. However, this entire process made me realize something.

I realized that I wasted all of yesterday and half of today trying to fix it. But why? Why was it so important to me? And I remember myself saying all through out, I love my computer. I can't live without it. That's when I realized that I became attached to a mechanical machine!

Now I don't know if that is good or bad but I realized that technology has become such a huge part of our lives that now we NEED it. I know for one that I wasn't only upset that I could lose my computer and I wouldn't be able to access Facebook or watch any shows but that most of my school work revolved around the computer. Technology has become such a big asset of our lives that we don't know if we could possibly pass one day without it. I know for one that I could hardly sleep or sit peacefully knowing my computer was on the verge of dying. It was as if my computer was now part of my heart.

What are your takes?

Below is a link to an article pertaining an opinion on our need for technology:
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Importance-of-Technology-in-Our-Daily-Lives&id=2218150

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you went through. Recently, I had to exchange my phone for a more modern one, so somehow everything led to me having no phone for two days while I waited for my new one to arrive by mail. Those two days were hell for me. I felt as if a part of my soul was detached, as if my phone was calling my name! To top that off, I felt as if my old phone was feeling betrayed by me. Can you believe that?! I gave my phone human characteristics... It was my soulmate! That is when I realized that gradually, I have to pull myself away from technology, or else it will ruin me.

    ReplyDelete