Monday, March 15, 2010

Junior Year: Is There A Way Out?

We all know that going to High School can be a stressful experience. We all have been told that High School we'll eat our brains out and prepare us for the next step known as College. Starting from Freshman year slowly building into Sophmore year the stress builds up. However, it doesn't hit you until Junior year. Junior year, the year you realize what life is really like.

Not to be proud of myself or anything, but although I have heard a lot about the stress in High School I have managed to maintain high grades in my freshman and sophmore year. However, until now I never realized getting good grades isn't so easy. You have to work hard and sometimes working hard isn't even enough.

Currently, like many of my other fellow students, I take three hard classes on going. A A.P. U.S. History course, Physics, and Algebra 2/Trignometry. U.S. History, from the start felt really hard and Physics slowly showed the hard elements. But today, today I realized what a huge mess I'm in when I had no idea what was going on in math class. Today I realized that three classes are going to ask me for huge commitments, and well I don't know how to manage that.

That is where I think all of us juniors are in a problem. Many former juniors have stated how this year is the most toughest and now I know why. Commitment and time. Each class needs our time and commitment and frankly none of us know which one is more important. What's funny is that some of these courses won't help us in our career paths but are just required for us reaching that goal.

In my opinion, the worst of this year is yet to come, but is there anyway out so that junior year is actually fun?

4 comments:

  1. I agree but for some reason this term seems easier than the last. I'm still committing suicide in AP but it's gotten easier, thank goodness. I don't think there's anything fun about junior year, at least not until we're done with the AP test, then come the trips and dances. I've been socially dead this year, I officially have no life. I'm glad I survived so far and I can't wait until summer!

    I also have Calculus which I'm struggling with but not to jinx it, pass with 90s. It's not hard but very confusing. Everything is intertwined within itself. Physics is actually very interesting to me. I think everyone is struggling this year but it'll all be worth it. The only way out is surviving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me being a senior, I CAN argue that junior Year is pretty much THE year for everything to start getting crazy. When Colleges look at you, they start with Junior year. I encountered five regents courses in junior year (Spanish,US History,English,Geometry,and Chemistry),but luckily passed the four I needed to pass, and the one I failed was chemistry by just three points.I however did get credit for that class so hard work pays off anyway in the end even if things don't go the way you want. Once your'e done with Junior year, it feels like a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders as you go on to Senior year, which is much more easier going. You have less classes, which means a shorter schedule which means more free time amongst yourself. But WORK YOUR BUTT OFF Junior year and it will all pay off in the end of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muhibba, I can honestly say I feel your pain. I have been so stressed out this year like never before. I also have realized becasue of Junior year how hard it is to maintain grades. I used to think it was something that came naturally...I was wrong. It is a lot of hard work keeping up with everything at once. But I know for sure that in the end, all this stress and hard work will indeed pay off.

    We all just need to stay positive and keep our heads held high.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry muhiba, at least you dont have calculus. And trust me i think our lives are gonna be great right after the fricking ap test. I feel bad because right about now in the year, most of our class doesnt even care about passing the test. And I also feel bad for miss Nathan because shes a great teacher but we all think she isnt cus of all the work. I dont know, but i cant wait till the summer.

    ReplyDelete